I love Mexican food. Tacos, burritos, fajitas, you name it and I love it. I could eat any of those meals over and over again. They are some of the only dishes that I never seem to get tired of. I also am one of those crazy people that love ranch dressing. I can put ranch on just about anything. Basically, I like food with my ranch. Even my mother has questioned some of the things I put it on, but all crazy ranch lovers will totally get where I’m coming from. I’m sure it’s no surprise that any Mexican meal that includes ranch dressing is listed as one of my top favorite meals! So my mother’s Chicken Ranch Fajitas are at the top of that list.
My mother has been making her Chicken Ranch Fajitas recipe for many years now. I’m not sure she even remembers where the recipe came from. It wasn’t a recipe that she would make all the time, but we had it a few time every year. Since it has always been a favorite of mine it usually was the meal that I asked for as my birthday dinner meal. Yep, I really do love it that much.
One of the great things about this meal is that it really isn’t that hard to make and best of all it doesn’t take a lot of time. Truly it’s a win win all the way around. All you have to do is cut up some chicken and some veggies, spend around 15 minutes sauteing them, and you’ve got a great meal! Truthfully it probably will take as much time for you to cut up all of the food as it’ll take to cook it. You really can’t beat a yummy meal that doesn’t take much time to make!
Here’s What You Need to make Chicken Ranch Fajitas
- 2 large chicken breasts
- 1 bell pepper (you can use a single pepper or you can combine halves of two different colors)
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup of onion – Adjust this amount based on how much onion you like to taste (onions don’t agree with me or my mother, so you may notice that they are absent from the pictures as we don’t use them)
- 1/3 cup of ranch dressing
- Fajita shells (or smaller sized shells if you don’t want to make them as big)
- Desired fajita toppings – shredded cheese, lettuce, sour cream, salsa, etc.
The first thing you need to do is cut up the bell pepper, onion, and chicken breasts into bite size pieces. Next you’re going to saute the peppers and onions for about 10 minutes. Then add the chicken and continue to saute everything until the chicken is done. Once the chicken has been cooked to your liking add in the ranch dressing and stir it around so everything is coated with it. Then you’re ready to eat! Scoop the chicken and veggies onto a shell, add your desired toppings, and enjoy! This amount should make between 4 and 6 fajita wraps, although you could probably get 8 if you keep them on the small side.
- 2 Chicken Breasts
- 1 Bell Pepper (or 2 halves of different colored bell peppers)
- ¼ - ½ cup of Onions
- ⅓ cup of Ranch
- Fajita Shells
- Desired Toppings
- Cut up bell pepper, onion, and chicken breasts
- Saute vegetables for 10 minutes
- Add chicken and continue to saute until chicken is done
- Mix in ranch dressing
Find me on Facebook and Pinterest for recipes, crafts, Disney information, and lots of great family posts!