It never ceases to amaze me how much candy a child can collect in a couple hours of trick-or-treating. Nick usually gives up after about 45 minutes because he always wants to give out candy as much as he wants to get it. Even though he stops early we still have enough candy to last him weeks! It got me thinking about non-candy Halloween treats that we could hand out this year.
Non-Candy Halloween Treats
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
I’m not sure everyone thinks of candy free treats when it comes to Halloween. I have thought of them for a long time though due to years of working in elementary schools and having my own child with a food allergy. The poem “Remember it’s Everyone’s Halloween” that often makes the social media rounds at this time of year, is something I think about often as we prepare for trick-or-treaters.
We have been a Teal Pumpkin house every year since the project started. I’ll never forget that first year when everyone kept asking what our teal pumpkin sign in the window meant and how grateful a few families were for it. We always have baggies with stickers to hand out, as well as suckers (which are safe for a lot of food allergies), and we simply avoid buying any candy with nuts or peanuts.
As I started stocking up on bags of candy to hand out this year it got me thinking of non-candy Halloween treats that I could be handing out instead. Certainly it would be easier to have a candy free Halloween treat that I could hand out to every kid. Kids get so much candy that they might like getting a little gift type treat instead.
So I decided to do some research to see what ideas I could find for non-candy Halloween treats. I know the schools are always asking us to not send candy treats in, so I figured it would be good information to have on hand either way.
I never thought I would find as many ideas as I did though! So if you’re thinking of saving the neighbor kids from a sugar high and some stomach aches this year than check these non-candy Halloween treats out!
Note: When making this list I did price all of the treats out. Everything on this list, at the time I made it, was less than 50 cents per treat.
School Supply Type Treats
- Fun Express Foam Bookmarks
- Hallowen Crayon Packs
- Halloween Fun & Games Books
- Halloween Mini Erasers
- Halloween Note Pads
- Halloween Themed Individual Stamps
- Halloween Pencils
- Halloween Stickers
- Make-A-Zoo Animal Sticker Sheets
- Foam Mini Sport Ball Missiles Toy
- Fun Express Halloween Foam Gliders
- Glitter Smiley Yo-Yos
- Halloween Bouncy Balls
- Halloween Ghoulish Punch Balloon
- Halloween Jack-O-Lantern Spring Coils
- Halloween Whistles
- Hand Clappers
- LED Light Up Flashing Mini Tops
- Mini Glow-in-the-Dark Halloween Rubber Ducks
- Mini Flying Saucers (Frisbee)
- Mini Jack-O-Lantern Bubbles
- Mini Magnifying Glasses
- Mini Smiley Maze Puzzles
- Neon Stretchable Skeletons
- Vinyl Glitter Sticky Hands
- Wrist Whistle Bracelets with Keychain
More Fun Treat Ideas
- Emoji Keychains
- Emoji Wristbands
- Etekcity LED Finger Lights (I’ve actually seen 1st graders use these to help them point to words when they are reading!)
- Loose change (this is a great way to empty out that change jar)
- Glow Stick Bracelets
- Halloween Spider Rings
- Halloween Temporary Tattoos
- Monster Temporary Tattoos
- Premium Glow Stick Necklaces
- Premium Lumistick Glow Light Sticks
- Slotted Toy Sunglasses
Halloween Assortment Packs
Not sure what non-candy Halloween treats you really want to hand out? Try these Halloween treat multi bags and mix things up!
Non-Candy Food Options
Still want to give out some type of food as a Halloween treat? Check out these food items that come in individual bags that you can pass out.
I must say that I was amazed at all of the non-candy Halloween treat ideas I was able to find on Amazon. Truly I could have listed so many more if I had added treats that came out as 50 cents or more per item. I hope this list gave you some great candy free Halloween treat ideas!